As a nonprofit hospital just for kids, our world-class care is fueled by giving
In today’s ever-changing health care landscape — and with the COVID-19 pandemic evolving daily — Children’s Hospital Colorado must remain nimble to provide expert care to more than 275,000 kids every year.
From the families we support, to the communities we serve and the lives we save, the world-class care we provide is fueled by donor giving.
For every child who needs us
The Children’s Fund ensures that Children’s Colorado can respond effectively to the greatest challenges and situations for patients’ health — enabling us to care for every child who needs us, regardless of a family’s ability to pay.
World-class care as the needs and challenges evolve
With the ever-changing health care landscape — including federal funding declines for research, rising health care costs, increasing pediatric mental health issues, and now the evolving COVID-19 pandemic — Children’s Colorado depends on the support of donors who believe in our mission to partner with us.
You believe in a world where no kids are hurting. Where no answers remain out of reach. Where no parents wake up at night worried about what’s next.
Together, we serve and change the lives of thousands of patients and their families every year by providing…
- Helping kids continue their education while recovering from traumatic injuries through our hospital school services, the Medical Day Treatment Program
- Easing children’s fears by providing teaching dolls and therapists, called Child Life specialists, to explain how their procedures will work
- Improving kids’ inpatient experiences with art, music, dance and movement, and yoga therapy sessions, through the Ponzio Creative Art Therapy Program
- Reducing families’ suffering by providing a grief counselor for children’s terminal or life-ending diagnoses
- Giving patients a break from their hospital rooms or distracting them in their rooms with singing and dancing on Children’s Colorado’s multimedia studio and radio station, Seacrest Studios
- Providing free, onsite child care for patients’ younger siblings so parents can give their full attention to doctors during critical appointments
- Translating medical information and instructions into families’ native languages, helping them to understand their kids’ diagnoses and treatments
Groundbreaking research to save kids’ lives
- Aiding doctors who are conducting cutting-edge research on untreatable brain tumors
- Advancing physicians’ innovative approaches to imaging children’s hearts
- Allowing physician-scientists to hire research assistants to accelerate their laboratory’s search for pediatric cancer cures
- Providing seed funding for young investigators to generate the data needed to secure larger government research grants
- Investigating how virtual reality can be empirically shown to reduce pain in kids
Regional clinics and care so kids can stay closer to home
- Helping patients be treated closer to home so they feel more comfortable and secure
- Decreasing stress on families, by reducing parents’ travel and time away from work to visit caregivers who manage a child’s chronic condition
- Making it easier for friends and family to visit patients while they heal at one of our regional locations, distracting them from their injury or illness
Financial assistance for patients and families
- Assisting families who travel hundreds of miles for their child’s care with lodging and meals
- Subsidizing care for patients and parents in need, because all kids and families deserve access to health care
- Enabling the hospital to purchase life-saving vaccinations for families who cannot afford them